Academic Assembly provides solutions to educational institutions seeking to better manage and grow their global operations. We are a young company that brings together some of international education’s most successful entrepreneurs and leaders into a platform of services designed to boost the international success of high schools, language and vocational schools, colleges and universities. Services range from professional development and training, to alumni development and relations, to international student recruitment, risk management and strategic planning.
Job Title: Product Manager, Immigration and Visa Training
FLSA Status: Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
Product Manager will be responsible for creating and executing the vision for the family of products for Academic Assembly’s Immigration and Visa Training Division. The Product Manager will develop business requirements for products and ensure that those requirements are met. A successful Product Manager will be able to establish credibility in strong cross-functional teams working closely with the Sales and Shared Services team at Academic Assembly as well as outside vendors and the organizations that serve our clients.
Key Measurements: Execution of Plans, Market Penetration for assigned products, Customer Satisfaction, product revenue and profitability (ROI), customer retention/subscription renewal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for developing or overseeing all aspects of the product line including product revenue goals, product definition, product development, product launch, current product management and product line evolution. Successful candidate will:
- Establish and achieve annual revenue and ROI goals for the product line
- Achieve product priorities based on balanced needs of customers, sales, market forces and divisional/corporate goals
- Recommend pricing and business models for the product line
- Create tools for the sales team to easily and accurately describe products
- Keep sales team up to date on product development and pricing changes
- Work with Executive Team to manage key alliances required to execute product plan
- Monitor the marketplace to observe trends, competitive environment, sales strategies, and financing models
- Work with Executive Team to develop business case for new initiatives or product modifications
- Analyze and trend product quality data to identify user driven change
- Recommend marketing vision/direction, support corporate promotion, execute and oversee approved advertising campaigns
- Serve as product expert for the entire product line and support sales as needed
- Monitor customer complaints and suggestions relative to products line
- Oversee a client forum and develop a peer-to-peer support group among product users
- Interact with customers through the product forum and feedback mechanism to utilize best practice and develop successful case studies
- Act as spokesperson for the product line to various audiences including user groups, press, consultants and industry influencers
- Work with Executive Team to design and develop collateral, sales tools and materials to support the product
- Work with sales to determine what is needed to advance sales of the product
Ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to manage a wide variety of tasks without excessive supervision. Project management experience highly desired. Experience working with training products, educational services or similar professional development platforms is also highly desired. Well spoken, responsible person with a practical approach to problem solving is ideal. Company serves secondary and higher education institutions, therefore experience working in this environment is a plus.
Flexible work hours are offered, with some business travel required.
Company is presently searching for a permanent office location in Philadelphia or the Lehigh Valley. This position will start working from home or temporary offices and will provide the option to shift to the corporate office once established.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college or university and at least two year’s related work experience.
All work conducted in English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations with particular understanding of budgets and financial management.
Superior ability to manage information using common office computer applications including Microsoft Office and SalesForce to handle the movement of data from one application to another. Mastery of such functions as “mail merge” and data imports/exports. Proficient in direct marketing tools such as MailChimp.
This job has no personnel supervisory responsibilities, but does require full responsibility for a wide ranging product line and delegation of many discrete tasks to fellow staff members and vendors/contractors.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Mark Shay, General Manager
Academic Assembly Inc.